Elastic Grid is a PHP tool I have built for a Web project requiring many custom layouts of adaptable size.
- start by defining a grid and a size for the layout
- a simple graphical tool creates different regions of connected rectangles that fit the grid
- a CSS generator creates a file with the layout
- change the width and/or height of the layout at will
- create custom margins between the different regions
MotivationI had to build some custom menus for a fancy e-learning project and instead of building them by hand I went looking for a tool that could do the following:
- generate a CSS file based on a rectangle filled grid;
- deal with the margins between the formed shapes;
- get a new CSS file for any changes to grid cell dimensions.